The P&C Association would like to welcome you to Thornlands State School.
The objectives of the P&C Association are focused on the school for which it is formed. P&Cs exist to promote the school's interests, facilitate the school's development and contribute to the school's improvement. A Parents and Citizens' Association (P&C) is a group of people who take a formal role in supporting a school by enabling and providing:
- close cooperation between parents, community, staff and students
- feedback on school policies and activities
- resources to enhance student learning and improve the school environment (often by raising funds)
- opportunities for parents to be involved in their child's education and the broader school community.
The P&C is responsible for the uniform shop and tuckshop, as well as coordinating fundraising to help support the development of the school.
All families associated with the school are encouraged to become involved in a variety of ways to greatly enhance the Thornlands State School community.
P&C members are covered by an insurance scheme and should be registered so as to ensure cover by the scheme.
If you would like to be a part of our school P&C, please download and complete our:
P&C Volunteer Form
P&C Membership Form (PDF, 152KB)
P&C Executive Officer nomination form (PDF, 198KB)
Meetings in 2023 will commence from February and are generally held on the third Wednesday of the month at 5pm in the school administration block. Upcoming meeting dates are:
- 22nd March 2023 (AGM & General meeting)
- 17th May 2023
- 21st June 2023